Buffalo Chicken Wings
By: Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon fine grind sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
12 bone-in skin-on chicken wings
1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro optional
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, celery seed, cayenne pepper, and olive oil. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken wings and spice mixture. Using tongs, toss the chicken to coat in the spice mixture.
- Place the steam rack in the inner pot and add 2/3 cup cold water to the bottom of the pot. Stack the seasoned wings on the rack.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook or Manual on High pressure and set the cook time for 7 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, preheat the oven broiler to 550°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with nonstick coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- Combine the hot pepper sauce and butter in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until the butter has melted and the ingredients are combined. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 3 minutes, and then remove from the pan from the heat. Set aside
- When the cook time for the chicken is complete, quick release the pressure. Open the lid and use tongs to transfer the wings to a large bowl. Pour half the buffalo sauce over the wings and use tongs to coat the wings in the buffalo sauce.
- Arrange the wings on the foil-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet on a rack positioned just above the center of the oven, vent the oven door, and broil for 6 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through the cooking time.
- Stir the remaining buffalo sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the sauce over the wings and then transfer the wings to a serving platter. Sprinkle the cilantro over top (if using). Serve warm.
Tip For some extra heat, add an additional 1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.