Duo Crisp + Air Fryer - Mojo Roast Chicken
This Cuban-style roast chicken is juicy and moist – and loaded with wonderful Caribbean flavors.
Prep Time 4 hours
Cook Time 45 minutes
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 whole chicken about 3 pounds
2 bay leaves
1 small onion quartered
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil divided
1/2 Serrano chili pepper seeded and diced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic minced
2 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- Stir together cumin, salt, oregano, chili powder, brown sugar and pepper; rub spice mixture all over and inside chicken cavity. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag; add bay leaves and onion.
- Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, 3 tbsp oil, Serrano, mustard and garlic; pour into bag. Seal bag; place bag on tray or in bowl. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserving marinade. Place chicken breast side down in inner pot of Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer. Add broth and reserved marinade.
- Place lid on pot and lock into place to seal. Select Pressure Cook/Manual setting on High Pressure for 20 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, Quick Release the pressure. Once pressure is released, remove the lid.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from inner pot; drain cooking liquid. Pat chicken dry with paper towel.
- Ensure that inner pot is dry; place air fryer basket or trivet in pot. Drizzle remaining oil over chicken; place chicken breast side up in basket.
- Using Air fryer Lid select Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes; continue to roast, if needed, for 5 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice chicken; serve with any drippings if desired.
Serve chicken with a squeeze of lime juice.
Garnish with finely chopped fresh cilantro if desired.
Use the marinade for roast pork loin or butt, if desired, adjusting cooking times as needed.