Southern Barbecue Pulled Pork Sliders
Perfect Barbecue Pulled Sliders Made Easy in Your Instant Pot
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 boneless pork shoulder (3 lbs) trimmed, cut into 3-inch pieces
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1-1/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth divided
1 jar INSTANT POT Southern BBQ Sauce 15 oz, divided
2 tbsp oil
24 Hawaiian sweet rolls (2 packages, 12 oz each), divided
1-1/2 cups prepared coleslaw
- Combine dry seasonings. Add to meat in large bowl; toss to evenly coat meat with seasoning mixture. Set aside. Whisk vinegar, 1 cup broth and half the barbecue sauce until blended.
- Set Sauté setting on Instant Pot for 12 min Add oil to pot; heat 2 min. Add half the meat; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Use slotted spoon to transfer meat to plate. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Add remaining broth to pot; stir with wooden spoon to scrape browned bits from bottom of pot. Return meat to pot. Add broth mixture; stir. Close and lock lid. Turn Pressure Release Valve to Sealing position. Cook 40 min using Manual / High Pressure Cook setting. When timer goes off, use Natural Pressure Release for 10 min., then do a Quick Pressure Release to release any remaining steam. Remove lid. Use slotted spoon to transfer meat to large clean bowl.
- Cook meat juices in pot 10 min. or until slightly reduced using Sauté’ setting, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, shred meat.
- Skim and discard fat from top of meat juices. Add 1/4 cup of the meat juices along with the remaining barbecue sauce to meat; mix lightly. Discard remaining meat juices from pot.
- Spoon meat mixture onto bottom halves of rolls; top with coleslaw. Cover with tops of rolls.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 95 minutes
Servings: 24 servings
Manage portions by using a smaller plate for your meals and snacks. This will help you stick to the recommended serving sizes of your favorite recipes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 320 Calories, 15g Total Fat, 5g Saturated Fat, 45mg Cholesterol, 450mg Sodium, 31g Total Carbohydrate, 2g Dietary Fiber, 10g Total Sugars, 14g Protein, 2%DV Vitamin D, 6%DV Calcium, 10%DV Iron, 4%DV Potassium